Wednesday, March 26, 2008

AccesoRISE




Ghanaian Beads
Beads are a great way to bring some color to any outfit.I have not always been fond of them but lately they seem very trendy.Especially since African wax print dresses have been in vogue since last year! I'm yet to get mine but I thought I'd focus on accessorizing first. Ghanaian beads come in vibrant colors, shapes and sizes. Different beads are worn on different occasions but there's no restriction, if it matches the outfit you can rock them any day. Here's a few of my favorite beads....(very favorite are the chevron, the blue ones with white stripes ;-)



If anyone has websites or pictures of beads from other countries I would love to share them with everyone...mail them to coffieblog@gmail.com.


"Glass beads are made in ceramic molds by firing in wood burning kilns. Made by
men, it takes several years of apprenticeship to be able to form some of the
intricate patterns associated with African beads."


Miss Ghana 05, wearing a pink set of beads

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Miss Ghana's dress, any idea where I can get it?..Nice Blog Coffie..keep it up.

Coffie said...

Fanksssssss

Anonymous said...

I Love the vibrant colours.